Hoffmann kilns is the most commonly used kiln in production of bricks and some other ceramic products. It is patented by German Friedrich Hoffmann for brick making in the year 1858.
Hoffmann kiln is very advantageous which make is very popular for brick production. It is used in almost every country.
Advantages of Hoffman Kiln
- Higher efficiency;
- Fuel economy;
- Uniform burning of brick;
- Regulation of heat;
- Preheating of unburnt bricks;
- Higher percentage of good bricks;
- Regularity in shape;
- No smoke as the combustion of the fuel.
Disadvantages of Hoffman Kiln
- High initial cost of construction.