Water is one of the most essential elements of human existence. It is not always possible to get water supply from natural sources. Here comes the application of irrigation supply. Irrigation is the man-made means of supplying water. The main objectives of irrigation supply is given below.
- Ensure enough moisture essential for plant growth.
- Provide crop insurance against short duration drought.
- Cool the soil and atmosphere to provide a suitable surrounding.
- Wash out or dilute harmful salt, chemical in the soil.
- Reduce hazards of soil piping.
- Soften the tillage pan.
keyword: objective, Irrigation objective, objectives, irrigation supply, purpose of irrigation, purposes of irrigation.