The cavity wall consists of two separate wythes. The wythes are made of masonry. Those two walls are known as internal leaf and external leaf. This wall is also known as a hollow wall.
Advantages of Cavity Wall
Followings are the advantages of Cavity Wall:
- Cavity walls reduce their weights on the foundation.
- They act as good as sound insulation.
- Cavity wall gives better thermal insulation than any other solid wall because space is full of air and reduces heat transmission.
- They have a heat flow rate that is 50 percent that of a solid wall.
- Cavity Wall is economically cheaper than other solid walls.
- Cavity Wall is fire resistant.
- Cavity wall helps to keep out from noise.