Since humans learned regarding building up things and also how to use different sort of materials, sedimentary rocks were one of the amazing findings that have been discovered during ancient times.
The formation of Sedimentary rocks come in many different forms with different sort of uses and purposes to serve. The major forms are coal, limestone, sandstone, conglomerate, rock salt, shale.
This piece of writing will get you introduced regarding all the details that you should be knowing about uses of sedimentary rocks and well as the various forms of sedimentary rocks.
Followings are the uses of cole:
- Coal is a form of sedimentary rock that is formed from the remaining of decayed plants.
- Coal is burned so that it can be used as a fuel.
- Coal is used in power plants as well, for production and supply of electricity.
Followings are the uses of Limestone:
- Limestone is a form of sedimentary rock that is composed of calcium carbonate. The organic formation of limestone occurs from the accumulation of decayed coral, shell, algae and fecal.
- The chemical formation of limestone occurs from the precipitation of calcium carbonate from lake and ocean water.
- Limestone is used for the production of cement. And we all know how essential and important the usage of cement is, for building.
- Lime stone is used by chemists as well for acid neutralization that is needed for various experiment conductions.
Followings are the uses of Sandstone:
- Sandstone is a form of sedimentary rock that is made up of sand.
- The sandstone is a famous material that has been used popularly amongst people all around the world for building purposes. The famous Cliff Castle of the West Yorkshire has been made up using sandstone mainly.
- The sandstone is perfect to be used for construction is because it has a rough uneven surface. This enables the buildings that have been constructed with sandstone to be strong.
Followings are the uses of Conglomerate:
- The Conglomerate is a form of sedimentary rock that is made up of rounded particles with spaces between the pebbles which has chemical cement filled in such as silica, lime, iron oxide, etc.
- It is used in the construction industry mostly because of the variable hardness that it has.
Followings are the uses of Rock Salt:
- Rock salt is a chemical sort of sedimentary rock that forms because of the evaporation of ocean or saline lake water.
- Rock salt is commonly used in the chemical industry.
- Rock salt is a great help in terms of treating highways during winter.
Followings are the uses of Shale:
- The Shale is a classic form of sedimentary rock that is formed from the debris of weathering clay.
- The shale can be broken into thin flat pieces that can be used as a component for the manufacturing of bricks and cement.
To sum up., the formation of different sedimentary rocks occurs from different ways and methods. This is why they differ in terms of the way the rocks look and the uses that they serve. In this article, we have covered the uses of sedimentary rocks that have been practiced throughout the world since the old eras. Till know sedimentary rocks are being used by engineers, architects and as well as chemists to serve the people all around the world.