Masonry walls are one of the most common types of walls used in construction. Masonry is made up of individual units (such as bricks, stones, or concrete blocks) that are laid in mortar. Masonry walls are extremely durable and can last for centuries. However, they are also very expensive to construct.
Advantages of Masonry Wall
Masonry walls have a number of advantages:
- They are extremely strong and durable.
- They are fireproof.
- They provide good sound insulation.
- They are easy to maintain.
- They can be constructed in a variety of styles.
Disadvantages of Masonry Wall
Masonry walls also have a few disadvantages:
- They are very expensive to construct.
- They are difficult to repair if damaged.
- They are not suitable for all climates.
- They can be susceptible to mold and mildew growth.