It is always desirable to use the best cement in constructions. Therefore, the properties of a good cement must be investigated. Although desirable cement properties may vary depending on the type of construction, generally a good cement possesses following properties (which depend upon its composition, thoroughness of burning and fineness of grinding).
- Provides strength to masonry.
- Stiffens or hardens early.
- Possesses good plasticity.
- An excellent building material.
- Easily workable.
- Good moisture-resistant.
Proper field tests and laboratory tests should be done to ensure the qualities of the cement.
- What is cement?
- 8 Main Cement Ingredients & Their Functions
- Field Test of Cement
- Uses of Cement
- What is White cement?
- Advantages and Disadvantages of White cement
- Uses of White Portland Cement