Advantages of Hydraulic Cement
- Hydraulic Cement is easy to work with, even for beginners.
- Hydraulic Cement sets and hardens fast. So desirable strength can be achieved quickly.
- As hydraulic Cement is waterproof, it can be used for structures submerged underwater
- Non-corrosive, non-rusting and non-shrinking substance.
- Hydraulic Cement uses is high as it is a cost-effective solution.
- Can be used for durable concrete repairs.
- Can be used in vertical applications.
- Can be painted within just 1 hour of being applied
- Can be used for sealing basement or other concrete leaks, waterproofing and fireproofing.
- Setting time can be expedited by adding hot water and retarded with cold water
Disadvantages of Hydraulic Cement
- Hardens very fast, so it must be used within 10-15 minutes of mixing.
- This type of cement Cannot be used on frozen surfaces, or in areas where the temperature drops drastically within 48 hours.
- Not flexible, hence only suitable for providing mechanical support.
- Not recommended to be used when the temperature is below 48°F.
- Impermeable to water.