Plywood is an engineered wood sheet material made up of fine layers or flimsy strands of wood veneers attached together placing wood grains 90 degrees to one another. It is one type of manufactured board which can be described as a mixture of Medium Density Fibreboard (MDF) and Chip Board (Particle Board). It is a complex material and attaches resin and fiber sheets of wood.
Followings are the uses and applications of plywood:
- If anywhere firm, strong material is needed then it is necessary.
- As high quality layered wood material it is used.
- Resistance to bend, split, break, crack, twist, warping made it important for construction and furniture making.
- For outdoor uses.
- For space shipping, aviation since 1939.
- Low moisture plywood used for different purposes like ship making.
- For making surfaces shaped curved, u, or folded plywood is used as the grains of plywood is easy to make bend than normal wood.
- To make the interior surface of skating ground this is used.
- Used for different interior games stadium.
- For ship construction.
- For space or aviation parts making.