Drip Irrigation is a kind of micro irrigation system that saves water but at the same time ensures that water reaches the roots of the plants. It works to drip slowly. Drip Irrigation can work from both above or under the surface of the soil. It works effectively to ensure that all your plants get what they need.
Advantages of Drip Irrigation System
- Due to improper water supply, fertilizers and nutrients cannot reach the roots of every plant. Drip Irrigation system helps it to reach effectively.
- If you want to gain efficiency in water application, then installing the Drip Irrigation system is a must.
- Field leveling is done by installing this type of irrigation system. When your field is evenly leveled you can plant properly.
- Whatever your field capacity is, they need moisture. Roots should be hydrated.
- Soil erosion and weed growth are reduced.
- Water distribution can be controlled. According to the necessity, water is produced to every root.
- You do not any helping hand to water your plants anymore. So Drip Irrigation also confirms zero labor cost.
- It is a low-cost process that can also be done in low water pressure.
Disadvantages of Drip Irrigation System
- The installation process needs time. Sometimes may need court approval in some lands.
- Sun heat affects tubes, sometimes they get broken for excessive heat production.
- Plastic tubes affect soils fertility. Sun degrades plastic sometimes and that affect soil and fertilizers too.
- Tubes get clogged sometimes. Water cannot pass through and roots get dehydrated.
- If Drip Irrigation is not installed properly, then it is a waste of time, water and heat.