Furrow irrigation is a method of laying out the water channels in such a way where gravity plays the role of providing just enough water for suitable plants to grow. It is usually made by the planned placement of ridges and furrows. It is a kind of surface irrigation system.
Advantages of Furrow Irrigation
Followings are the major advantages of furrow irrigation:
- Mass Area Irrigation
- Cost-efficient method
- Time and Labour saving method
- Optimum water distribution
Disadvantages of Furrow Irrigation
Followings are the major disadvantages of furrow irrigation:
- Initial labor cost is more.
- Not suitable for some crops.
- Mineral surfacing phenomenon
- Hassle maintaining water flow.