Brick plays very important role in the field of civil engineering construction. Bricks are used as an alternative of stones in construction purpose. Here some main uses of construction brick are given below.
- Construction of walls of any size
- Construction of floors
- Construction of arches and cornices
- Construction of brick retaining wall
- Making Khoa (Broken bricks of required size) to use as an aggregate in concrete
- Manufacture of surki (powdered bricks) to be used in lime plaster and lime concrete
Next Article: Characteristics of Good Bricks
Brick Related Articles
- What is brick?
- Types of Bricks
- Composition of Bricks
- Characteristics of Good Bricks.
- Uses of brick.
- Compressive Strength of Brick
- Density of Brick
- Thermal Conductivity of Brick
- Advantages and Disadvantages of Hoffmann kiln.
- What is Refractory or Fire Bricks? Types, Composition
- Properties of Good Refractory Bricks
- Uses of Refractory Bricks
- Lime Pitting