Followings are the uses of tacheometric surveying
- The primary objective of this tacheometric surveying is to prepare contoured maps or plans requiring both the horizontal as well as vertical control.
- On surveys of higher accuracy, it provides a check on distances measured with the tape.
- Preparation of topographic maps which require both elevations and horizontal distances.
- Survey work in difficult terrain where direct methods are inconvenient.
- Reconnaissance surveys for highways, railways, etc.
- Checking of already measured distances.
- Hydrographic surveys.