Errors in Plane Table Surveying
Followings are the common errors occur in plane table surveying
- The table must be accurately oriented once the table is shifted otherwise the lines drawn from the new stations will not correspond with the previous ones.
- The alidade should be properly centered on the station point on paper.
- Papers often get contracted or expanded so it is best to use paper clips.
- The table should be accurately centered with plumb bob and fork.
- The rays should be drawn using the straight ruler only.
- It is better to check the distances manually from time to time for better efficiency.