Auto level is a leveling instrument used in surveying. The ease of use of Auto level has made it popular among surveyors. the major advantages and disadvantages of the auto level are provided below.
Advantages of Auto Level
- Auto level is very easy to use.
- No adjustment for staff reading is required in auto level as the actual reading is seen from the eyepiece.
- The bubble can be adjusted from any side and any angle with any 3 screws available.
- The auto level has an internal compensator mechanism which automatically adjusts the line of sight.
- The measurement accuracy of the auto level is higher.
- Auto level results are very reliable.
- Ease of use of auto level saves time and money.
- The price of the auto level is low and affordable.
Disadvantages of Auto Level
- Vertical angles cannot be measured.
- Horizontal angle is measured in the auto level is not very accurate.