Auto level is a leveling instrument used in surveying.
Advantages of Auto Level
- Auto level is very easy to use.
- No adjustment for staff reading is required in auto level as the actual reading is seen from the eye piece.
- The bubble can be adjusted from any side and any angle with any 3 screws available.
- The auto level has an internal compensator mechanism which automatically adjusts the line of sight.
- The measurement accuracy of the auto level is higher.
- Auto level results are very reliable.
- Ease of use of auto level saves time and money.
- The price of the auto level is low and affordable.
Disadvantages of Auto Level
- Vertical angles cannot be measured.
- Horizontal angle is measured in the auto level is not very accurate.